And it came to pass

This is the story of our family (the Ad-Kat Clan). The ups, the downs, the downright crazy.

April 8, 2010

Long time no anything

So, I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off for the past few weeks and once I forgot to update my blog I kept putting it off thinking there was too much to blog about and that I didn't have time to write it all up right then. Well, today I decided that something was better then nothing and so I'm just gonna make a quick review of how things are going.

First, Easter was great. I always loved Easter. I have made an effort to bring out the Savior in the midst of tiny bits of green paper everywhere and strangely colored bunnies.

Second, Easter candy lasts way too long! I am getting way fat (actually the Wii says I lost .9lbs yesterday but I think it was just trying to be nice).

Third, Conference was amazing! Every six months I think, "this must be the best Conference yet!" and it lasts until the next confrence. This one seemed all about family and the importance of children and women in the lives of children (Adam says he doesn't think so, but what can I say? I've got babies on the mind. What self respecting married Mormon girl doesn't?) I took copious notes.

Fourth, Conference breakfast also makes me get way fat. I ate well both at Grandma Ann's and at Mom and Dad's. And by that I mean I ate good food at Grandma Ann's and I ate lost of food at Mom and Dad's. So much. No room. Still.

Fifth, going further back, we finally got insurance. It's official. They charged us. We added dental because Adam's teeth are giving him problems.

Sixth, Easter candy is probably not helping Adam's teeth. (Lots left. Come on down!)

Seventh, My job is making me insane. When I start at 9:15pm and don't usually finish until after 12:00am and then get up the next morning at ~7:30 and I don't take a nap, I get cranky. Which is every day. Adam keeps asking if I'm on my period or pregnant because I've been so cranky these last few days/weeks. And then I went out and got the "dillest" pickles I could buy (for sandwiches) and Adam's getting scared.

Eighth, I got the last Fablehaven book and finished it only this morning. That is the longest I have taken reading a book that I wanted to read and was not told to by anyone else. It was long but it was so good! Now I really want to read them all to Adam. He says we have to finish Lord of the Rings first. I guess that makes sense.

Ninth, I've decided to put my foot down and not buy things we don't need anymore. Not that we don't need them anymore, but that we won't buy them anymore (?!) So, I'm gonna have to quit all kinds of things I'm used to, like ice cream, $5 movie bin, pizza toppings, new toys, seeing movies in the theater, etc. I'll have to entertain myself with Adam (like that's hard).

Tenth, I know that my Savior lives! He died for me and He suffered so that He could know my pain. When I have a bad day He cries with me and gives me a fluffy spirit to hold on to. On good days he laughs with me and fills my heart with joy. I know I can depend on Him and that if I ask He will carry the hard part so that I can follow the path He has laid before my feet. There is nothing done save the Lord grants it and we can do nothing without the Lord's help. I know this to be true for I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life and I have felt His holy spirit testify to me that the gospel is true.

I love you all. Yes even you. Forever.
Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. I love you forever, too -- and I love your testimony of Christ: tender and real.

    ReplyDelete