And it came to pass

This is the story of our family (the Ad-Kat Clan). The ups, the downs, the downright crazy.

March 24, 2010

My new life Part 2

So with all the crazy things happening in my life, namely a new car, new insurance, and a new sleep schedule, I have decided that I need to have a routine to follow every day. So, my amazing husband and I sat down and wrote up a list of all the important things I need to be sure to do every day. Then we wrote up a schedule "missionary style" where every half hour is accounted for and printed it out. Today was the first day I've used it and it has been very interesting.

First of all, I was up at 8:00 on the dot. It helps me a lot to get up right when my alarm goes off instead of laying in bed for a minute or so. That being the case I have been mostly tired all day. A little on the goofy side because I'm tired and also I have this strange energy that came out of nowhere after I exercised. Okay, so I finally got 50/50 on the balance test on the Wii. Yay! I'm so cool.

I also finished getting ready for the day, exercising, reading my scriptures, and everything all before 11:00. That's saying something for me. Heather came over and we talked for-ev-er! It was great. And then we danced and did Wii Fit together. It was really great to be doing again.

The hardest thing is that right now I am ready to pass out. I have been awake for the usual amount of time, and I spent a lot of energy dancing, and I didn't sleep well last night. I dreamed about the creepy guy from "The Lovely Bones" Don't see that movie! It's really disturbing. I had heard the book was good so we saw it. Never again will I see a movie without Screening it first. I love the website Screenit.com it has everything you need to know about a movie so that you can decide if you want to see it before you spend your money. It's great. Check it out. Right now. It has a "sign up now" button but you just have to scroll to the bottom and click "see free reviews."

Adam and I got to go up to Mom and Dad's house again this week. We had a great dinner and got to hear all about Amy's trip to New Orleans. She showed us pictures and everything. Adam was excited because he served there on his mission (well, the general area). Speaking of, we also bought The Princess and the Frog. It is Adam's new favorite movie. My new favorite is The Blind Side. SO GOOD! I want to own it. It has a little language in it, but like Les Miserables it is the bad people who you know are the bad people who curse. I might just shell out the cash for a Clear Play.

Oh, so speaking of cash. We are over our heads in the middle of trying to get insurance. Select Health gave us an answer but it is $100 more a month then we had expected. We are eating into our savings as it is right now. It is starting to look like we will have to postpone school so that we can stay afloat. No summer classes this year. I also could use a second job. One that I do in the early afternoons or some such. *sigh* It's never over until your dead. Well, at least Obama won't charge us for not having coverage for a few months yet. Just don't start with that one. It doesn't end happy.

I'm excited for Easter. It's like spring is finally deciding to show up. I get to pull out all my Easter decorations now and dress the place up. I want Easter to be as exciting as Christmas. In reality we are celebrating the same thing both holidays. That we get to be saved and return to our Heavenly Father. So crank out the Easter music and haul out the decor. It's party time.

Okay. Funniest thing. Adam and I found a website where you can take two pictures and blend them together to find out what your baby might look like. morphthing.com It's so funny. You can even mix your face with a celebrity or even Yoda. We were laughing forever. I'll put up one of the pictures. So funny.

Highlight of the Week this week may seem small to some others but yesterday I was really starting to panic about life and how I was going to accomplish everything I needed to do, and I could feel a panic attack coming on. I began to get frightened and started crying and then I went to my room and prayed. The Lord gave me comfort and then so did Adam. I was able to calm down and regain my composure very quickly. Looking back I can see that I have progressed in leaps and bounds since I first started struggling with depression and anxiety, and I am sure that most of it is because I have Adam there to comfort, encourage, and guide me.

I hope this week leaves all my readers well and that I will have more good news next week.
Until then, Stay happy! I command it. No really. I will hunt you down and cover you in smiley face stickers if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment