It's bob sled time!
It seems that my life is powered by small moments of re-learning what I have already learned. Things like, you have to keep trying, the Lord will help you, things are not as bad as you might think, good things are coming, etc. I continually forget all these principles and then when I re-learn them (usually on Sunday) I am excited about life again. It usually lasts about three days and then I'm out of juice. So. Here is my new plan; do things during the week that will refill my juice!
I deleted The Sims off my computer and I have deleted bookmarks to TV shows. I am now in the process of having Adam put up parental blocks on the websites that just eat time. Onemorelevel.com, Homestarrunner.com, tv.blinkx.com, sidereel.com, etc. Don't go to these sites! They will steal your life away! We also decided that we are going to be more careful about what entertainment we choose. After seeing Robin Hood last night (Don't see it! It was one third sexuality one third brutal and one third brilliant. Not worth it.) we thought about how the rating system works. Why is it that people getting graphically and brutally killed is okay for a 13 year old when it's not okay for a 12 year old? How about never? Screenit.com is probably the greatest site ever invented. We may end up missing out on some mostly awesome movies, but in the long run is it really worth it? My logical brain says it won't be that hard but my experience shows that I have a hard time saying no especially when it is an action movie. Even Chronicles of Narnia has a large amount of violence. At first I thought, "well, how about Clear play?" But that makes it so you can't follow some movies and I've heard that they break really easily. All in all, the only real answer is to set boundaries and then take it one movie at a time. I feel like a rant about this a lot. Sorry to you who wish I could just think to myself. Mom figures out what she means by thinking out loud. I figure it out by writing it out. Even I get lost when I read my journal.
I have come up with a list of things to do during the day that help me to refill my juice. Now I just need to prioritize the list and I'm on my way. I have scripture study, Independent Study, Indexing, blogging, writing missionaries, writing a book, and cleaning house on my list of things to do in a day. I am hoping that I will be able to add craft things to my list eventually.
Adam is very happy about his job but not happy that we have to go to the dentist this Friday. Adam has 10 Cavities. We are only getting half done this time round and will do the second half later. I have three :( Adam is hoping that we can save enough money this year to make a down payment on a house next July when our contract comes up. He really wants a run down house that we can flip in a few years. If we have the income we are banking on, come October we can borrow up to 198,000 from the bank. If we find a house for 120,000 then we can use the rest of the loan (or not even that much) to fix the place up. There are a few 2-3 bedroom houses in that range in Sandy or Salt Lake. We would rather go with Sandy. Salt Lake is scary in the cheap places. Adam found an amazing 4 bedroom but it is short sale so the likelihood of it still being there when we have the money is pretty much nil.
Well that's us. Come back next time for the truth reveled episode. How we can afford a house in a year. Dun dun duuuun! Hint; some of you already know and the rest of you probably don't want to know ;)
July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment