I have been telling myself that to have faith is to wait on the Lord, which to some extent it is, but I was waiting for the Lord to do things for me. We are always told that we cannot expect the Lord to go with our plans and so I was thinking that I had to wait for the Lord to tell me what I should be doing. But submitting to the will of the Father does not mean that you stop doing anything. I was giving up on my hopes and dreams because they were not happening as I wanted them to, so I supposed that they were not in the plan. My Father knows that there is a better way to get to where I want to be than what I had originally planned and that does not mean that He won't get me there. There may be things that need to happen first that I never thought of. If I am to have my dreams I must be willing to go through the refining trials that the Lord puts in my way to prepare me.
Yesterday being father's day I spent a good deal of time thinking about my beloved father. I have learned many things from my father. I learned things like how to wire a basement, put up drywall,
garden food and flowers,
and how to set up a sound system. I have also learned how a man should treat his wife and so I have found a wonderful husband that is good and hard working. My father taught me to respect my mother and to help my family,to enjoy history,
He taught me to do more than just "put out fires" and to always "sharpen your saw." But the most important thing I learned from my father is to work. Nothing in this life comes for free. You are entitled to nothing. Trials don't pass, you pass through them, but you can only do that if you keep moving. When you work hard you are prepared for more work. "Life is hard and then you die." But the greatest joy comes from your work if you are willing to see it for what it is worth. We are here on this Earth to obtain knowledge and to strengthen our talents. The only way to do that is to work at it. We progress and we become better people through work. And if you don't feel like working, work until you do feel like working.
So here's to my Daddy and all the important principals and skills he has taught me. I love you Daddy!Kathryn



No comments:
Post a Comment