And it came to pass

This is the story of our family (the Ad-Kat Clan). The ups, the downs, the downright crazy.

July 30, 2010

Getting Closer

This last week we were able to meet with a loan agent and to decide on a location. So as soon as we hear back from Wells Fargo (hopefully today or tomorrow) we can sign the lease on the property and begin the build out. We tried getting loans through credit unions but they just weren't that motivated to risk money on us. Finally we met with an agent at Wells Fargo and he told us we could probably get 250,000.00 if we wanted. We only need 50,000.00 so that seems like it won't be too hard.

Build out is going to be fun. We have a few walls to move, part of the ceiling to update, and then a lot of painting to do. If anyone wants to help with this part we would greatly appreciate it. Also, we can pay you hourly. Not very much but some.

We were able to find an employee who can start right away. My good friend Tori Christensen (used to be Robinson) moved out here to Provo and she needed a job. I said, "Hey, why don't you work for me?" and she said, "um, very yes" (or something to that effect). Things are moving along quite nicely.

As far as our personal life, Adam is really loving his job at HIT Web Design and I am unemployed. I get to stay home and do things like laundry and dishes. I often think that as much as it will mean more work, I will be glad to have kids and have something to do all day. Right now I am just trying to fill my day with writing and reading and belting my guts out to musicals whilst I clean the bathroom. Stuff like that. We got Netflix and it is great to be able to see all the really good movies without having to buy or rent them all, but it also has access to some not so good stuff so we have to be very careful when watching new stuff.

I got another calling two weeks ago. I am now on the Relief Society 1 Activity Committee. Basically I am in charge of keeping the relief society blog up to date. It will be fun to be more involved in all the activities. I am still teaching every second Sunday. I am glad that I get to keep both. There was a time when I had three callings in my singles ward. That was fun. But eventually they asked if they could have one to give to another member. It was kinda funny.

My brother-in-law Austin got home on Wednesday. It was the first time I got to see the man. He is really fun and he had a great time sharing some interesting drinks with us. I still can't decide if I liked it. We also got to sing around the piano. Adam and Cody sang base, Austin was tenor, Mom was alto and I sang soprano. It was way too much fun. Since Aaron doesn't really sing too much this was the first time I had an "around the piano" experience with my in-laws. I really miss that about my family in Delaware. I got to go in with Austin when he reported to the stake president and got released. Let me just say that it was an overpoweringly spiritual experience. I love Austin so much and I have only ever spent six or so hours with him. We only get to see him a few times before he goes down to Snow College. It will be very good for him to not live at home. A growing experience for sure. maybe we can visit him sometimes. We'll see.

When we have things for our store up and going I will post some pictures. Until later, Keep your chin up!

No comments:

Post a Comment