And it came to pass

This is the story of our family (the Ad-Kat Clan). The ups, the downs, the downright crazy.

January 27, 2010

The morning breaks, the shadows flee

So it is Wednesday again. It happens all the time. You would think the week would take a break and skip it once in a while. But no. Wednesday comes every seven days on the button. So I guess we'll just keep finding ways to make it better, like updating a blog.



I have decided not to look at the bummer side of life anymore. That's it. No more. There are so many things for me to be grateful for that it is silly to waste my time thinking about what I don't have or what I wish was different. For instance, I have a husband who loves me more than I deserve, a very nice apartment filled with all kinds of cool kitchen gadgets and decorative pillows. I have a Wii fit plus, and a massively impressive computer. The list goes on for days. So why gripe?


Seriously. Magazine material here.


I have also found that Dr. Laura is not as crazy as she sounds. I got a book from my Grandma and Grandpa Goulding called "The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands" (they had a box full of old books that they wanted to get rid of and I took it). I picked it because the title made me laugh, and hey, free book. I have only read the first chapter but already I am re-evaluating how I treat my husband. I know we would have a fine marriage without this book, but I have found that I understand him better and that I want to help him more now that I have read it. I highly recommend it to any and all married women. It has at least given me a new perspective on my dear hubby.



This week's Highlight of the Week is brought to you today by the letter "A" and by the number "3." Adam and I finished reading the last of the Leven Thumps books. It was pretty intense let me tell you. If you have not read them yet they are wonderful books. I highly recommend them. I really love books. Next up...Lord of the Rings. Adam should like those. We'll see. Adam accuses me of trying to "culture-ize" him. I guess I am. Now he listens to Mozart's Operas, reads classics, and watches Jane Austin movies...and likes it!



I downloaded the entire Children's Songbook from LDS.org. It's free and only takes about half an hour to actually download. I was very happy when I found it. I was washing the dishes and singing the articles of faith and realized that I couldn't remember the fifth one. I could get the first, second, third, fourth, sixth, seventh, eighth, eleventh, and thirteenth. I was appalled that it had been so long since I had run through them. I immediately opened Firefox and went to the church website. I then began browsing through all my favorite primary songs and wished I could have them all. Then I noticed the "download" button. I almost jumped out of my seat. Now I listen to them all. Good times.

5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.


Well, that's all for now folks. Keep reading and we'll see ya next time!

1 comment:

  1. I love you! I am so glad you are looking on the bright sid of things. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete