Anyway, I was trying to think of a clever title and I laughed when I finished the sentence in my head. I put it in.
Really it should be called something like Try, try, try, try again. This week has been interesting because Adam and I decided to eat smaller portions (to stay healthy and cut the grocery bill), and to get up at seven 'o clock consistently, and I am rather moody this week. All I can think is 'poor Adam.' He is taking it well and he is even doing better than me because he's also added doing his homework completely before going to bed. Good man.I am posting on a Thursday night because lasterday our internet was down and today I didn't have a lot of time before now. I got up (sort of, more like didn't fall back asleep all the way) and drove Adam to work. I then came home and got ready for a job interview. I drove up to Orem in about fifteen minutes when I had given myself forty. I had planned it would take longer to get ready and I wanted to be sure to factor in any traffic and I wanted to be early anyway because that's what you do. So after I watched three people with resumes walk into the building it was time for me to go in.
First I fill out a info sheet with questions like "Why do you want to work for us?" and, "What can you bring to our business?" So after trying to sound like I wasn't just looking for money I talked to the owner for a few minutes about when and how the work would be. He looked over my resume and my answers and said that they had another position open and that he could consider me for that position as well. I said sure. This business is a book recycling center run by two former BYU students who noticed that a lot of text (and other) books were being thrown away. They will send the books to children and schools that need them or if the book is too old they will recycle the paper. It is a really cool operation. You should see the website.So the Super Bowl was crazy. Adam and I went to Mom and Dad's
to watch it with them and eat their food. Poor Cody was the only one rooting for the Colts. Aaron has been rooting for the Saints for-ev-er. Now they got a nice whole world recognition. I felt really weird watching sports on Sunday. Purposefully. I would have loved it on any other day, but on Sunday? Really? I guess that is how Satan works. He makes something way good but there is just one thing wrong. And it's not like it's that bad right? It only has some swearing, or just one add that pops up, or only goes into the first few hours of the honeymoon, or only the bad guys die, or even it's only once a year. Is the Lord's hallowed day not important once a year? Is a life less meaningful because it was spent in opposition to your favorite character? Is it alright to imply sexual content if you don't really read about it? Is it okay to see a scandalous pop-up if it's is only for a few moments? Is it okay to watch a movie where the hero takes the Lord's name in vain and is still considered an honorable man?I have recently been going through what I watch and read and decided that I am going to have to make some sacrifices. Some criminal investigation shows are just too violent, some books too explicit, and some activities not worth it. This means The Wheel of Time is out as are CSI, Heroes, Lost, Lord of the Rings, Hitch, Etc. After I feel I have made progress in my entertainment choices I am going to take a hard look at my activities. I don't mean that anyone else who thinks differently is a bad person but that I have decided to walk closer to my Lord then I have been because at this point in my life I need His guidance more then ever before.
Thanks for listening to my tirade. Or if you skipped it that's okay too. The Highlight of the Week was... Jackie Miller came home from her mission in Holland! I love that girl! It was like old times. Good times. She is one of my few real friends. I like plenty of people and they like me fine as well but with Jackie we really understand each other (and she's a riot). She is the one who introduced me to my husband. If for no other reason I lover her for that.

Well folks it's that time again. Y'all come back now, ye here?

Um... you rock. The End.
ReplyDelete