And it came to pass

This is the story of our family (the Ad-Kat Clan). The ups, the downs, the downright crazy.

March 11, 2010

The most Thursday like Wednesday I've ever seen

It seems that the Lord will hear when you tell Him your worries instead of just grumbling about them.

Just after finishing my blog last week I got an email saying that I was up for a job. I am now a "scrubber" for By Owner Daily. It is a company that collects ads that are for sale by owner and puts them all together in one place. My job is to take the ads and get the pertinent information out of them and put them in a Excel spreadsheet so that it is easier to sort them etc. I also go through and make sure the ads are legit and actually for houses or property. I have already seen ads where people are trying to trade their "really nice" car for a house. Who does that? And one person was selling their petting zoo.

In other news, I had an interview today with the Provo City Parks maintenance crew. They said that there were a lot of people to interview so I don't know how likely I am to get the job but it would be fun and working for the city has great benefits. I felt good about the interview because I've had grounds experience and new all the lingo. They asked what kinds of mowers I've used and I was all like, "I've used a 21 and I was pretty good at the 42, but I never got to use the Rider." I'm cool.

I was really stressing out last night about life, the universe, and everything, and Adam just took me in his arms and made all my stresses go away. We talked for a good hour and by the end I felt sure that nothing would stop us from having and doing everything. The world is so much brighter when I have someone to open the windows. Adam is simply the best thing that has ever happened to me. Here's to men!

We had another pizza party last weekend. Adam loves the excuse to eat pizza and drink soda (which I don't drink so we don't buy it) and I love the excuse to entertain all my friends. It was really fun even though only a few people came. I think they were the best people. Heather, Kelsey, and Kyle. Yup, my best friends (who live close enough to come to a pizza party last minute).

The Highlight of the Week? Didn't I say? Oh, well then. The highlight of the Week this week is that we FINALLY got all of our information in to Select Health. They are now reviewing our records and application and we should hear back in the next week or so. Pray for us!

And in the end never try to breathe milk because you get cookie crumbs in your lungs. Later!

2 comments:

  1. I made this comment earlier, but I think it's funny that, of all the people you invited, only your single friends were able to come to your party. You'd think it'd be the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your metaphor about sunshine, windows and people who open them for us. I'm trying to find how to keep myself on track, and am having good success with opening the drapes & blinds, and playing uplifting music (not hymns, though: Mormon pop. You know -- the stuff that is inappropriate for Sacrament Meeting. :>)

    ReplyDelete