"She's a mute."
"Really? She spoke rather forcefully."
"It comes and it goes."
I know, I know. It's been a while. Sometimes We have things to say and sometimes We have things to say but I don't feel like typing it all up. Big news today, Adam starts his new shift. I work from 8:15 to 12:45 and then Adam works from 1:30 to 10:00. So we get to see each other for about an hour each day. This will be hard...
We got a new keyboard. I like it a lot but I am still getting used to the keys. I have to go back and respell things a lot. It is way better then our last one though. It's the new Logitech Windows 7 key board and mouse. When our old one kicked the bucket Adam decided to get a more ergonomic one because his wrists have been hurting him lately. After working on a framing crew and now everything he does is on a computer he is shaping up to get real bad carpel tunnel. We are doing what we can to ease the strain on his hands.
We are glad that today is a nice sunny day. Adam is sad that he has to spend most of it indoors but at least he had some time in the morning to enjoy it. The forecast calls for snow tomorrow but I have a hard time believing it. I had to wear a sweatshirt this morning because it was raining but now the sun is out in full and I think I will run for my exercise today instead of staying inside. Hmm... We'll see.
I have picked up work in my novel again. If you want to read it as a work in progress just let me know and I can share it with you on Google Docs. That is how I am avoiding the whole lost data issue. Put it online and then it can never be completely lost right? When I finally come up with a title I will let you know but for now it is, "My Book."
Adam was very excited to get a football for his birthday. He tried to teach me how to throw it but he got the official NFL size or something and I really can't hold it. So he tackled Cody instead. Mom and Dad Christensen gave us an extraordinary present. It counts and for both Adam and my birthday's put together. We have tickets to see The Lion King in Salt Lake in September. We really can't get over that.
Let's see... oh! Mother's Day was good. I got to talk to Austin for a while. I was very sad that I missed talking to Daniel but I have never even seen Austin so I think it was more important to talk to him in the long run. Plus I get to read more of Daniel's letters. We had really good food and I showed Adam and his family that Apple sauce is really good on pork. We had barbecued pineapple and a lots of veggies (which Adam actually ate!).
I think that's all for now. Join us next time in the newest edition of the life of Adam and Kathryn.
May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I started having carpal tunnel problems in high school because of my clarinet practicing. You can have Adam wear wrist braces at night to keep his wrists straight (which allows them to rest and heal before another strenuous day). My doctor said wearing them at night was good enough--you don't have to wear them 24/7. (In fact, wearing them 24/7 can give you more problems with mobility and hand coordination...) They make special wrist braces specifically FOR carpal tunnel these days. You can probably find them at Walmart or a similar store.
ReplyDelete"what is HE doing here?!"
ReplyDelete"I have worked off your... erm... my debts madam. They said I could go home."
"Oh, well... go... catch a chicken."