Just this past week I have actually begun to feel pregnant. I know I've been having symptoms for a number of months now but I am finally beginning to realize that I'm not just sick and lazy. There is a person growing that I get to meet in five months. Gah! It's a little weird. Adam is trying to convince me that I'm supposed to be sticking out as much as I am. The other day I showed him my tummy and said, "Look, it's cute!" I don't think he thought it was cute but at least he was glad that I was finally getting over the whole "I'm just getting fat" idea.
If it was just my tummy growing I might not be so cranky (at least about my weight), but all of me is getting bigger. I have still only gained one pound so far, but that's including all the pounds I lost when I didn't eat anything. So I am one pound heavier then when I got pregnant. I lost four pounds and then gained five. Next doctor appointment we get to find out if the baby is a boy of girl. I suppose I'll have to blog about that. It's in two weeks.
Supposedly if I poke my tummy the baby wiggles, but I still can't feel it. I am starting to feel excited about this. Up until now everyone has said things like oh how wonderful, isn't this great, and you must be so excited and I have just nodded and tried not to throw up on them. But now I am actually getting excited about this whole ordeal.
Adam is still just the same amount excited as ever. As in, if you ask him if he is glad/happy/excited he says yes but he is really, really worried about money and how we are going to make it. Our insurance is a little trying. We have a $7,500 deductible. That means we have to pay that amount before the insurance will cover anything. At least it will cover 100% after that. We got a supplemental coverage from Aflack (that they stopped offering about a month after we got it) that helps pay for doctor's appointments, hospital room and board, the delivery cost, and even ICU treatment if needed. It pays out about $3,500 so in the end we just need to come up with about $5,000. Like that's easy. Not to mention the price for diapers, crib, stroller/car seat, etc. Anyway. I think we can get a lot of things used and save much bucks. Maybe I'm just stuck in euphoria but I am not really worried about it.
We are also trying to get our business up and running before the holiday season starts. We have a new prospective location and are still waiting to hear back from America First Credit Union if we can borrow a couple thousand dollars from them. Slow going, but at least we're moving again.
Aside from that my life is finishing my Independant Study class (all I have left is the final) and creating a Halloween Specials DVD. I should be able to have that all put together by Halloween. For those who are waiting for that I will send you links to where you can find the videos or even the mp4 files (if you can handle big attachments) if I am not going to be able to get you the DVD in time. I am planning on making 6 copies. One for us, mom and dad, mom and dad, Heather, Matt, and Daniel. I figure I can give copies to the other kids if they want one when they move out :)
That's all for now folks. Tune in next time and I'll say more stuff. Maybe even with pictures.
October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment