Not that I didn't love it before but I just can't get enough these days. I try to eat healthy amounts which means that I am constantly eating little bits of food. Potatoes and bread are nice and filling. I decided to make a pie today and it is the first time I was so carried away that I forgot to eat! I also decided that you have to play Christmas music while making pie so I gave in and started listening to it today. The Time Family Life Christmas Collection goes in when I put up the tree...In three days!
So here is a sugar pumpkin before:
During: (you steam it)And after: Innards have become paste
Such is the life of a poor sugar pumpkin. I get to make it into a pie now. Considering it took me four hours to get to this part I may just do that tomorrow. I also have to make the crust. Yep, doing it tomorrow. I promised my in-laws a taste of my homemade pie so I have to have it done by Thanksgiving. I am going to make one big pie and then tons of little ones as well, using muffin tins for the little pies. Bite size pies. Say that five times fast. No really, it's fun.
My excitement for the holidays is a little off set by the fact that Adam and I will be "grandma siting" for Steve and Julie from tomorrow until the 4th of December. Basically we sleep at their house and eat their food and watch their crazy big TV (with cable) and make sure that Steve's mom, Carol, doesn't have an emergency and that she eats her vegetables. Sounds sweet. And it is, but I have associated grandma sitting with not feeling well. Last time we sat it was when I was very morning sickly. I also felt a little superfluous because Adam went to work and I did nothing all day. Worse then I do now. At lest here I have projects to work on, but it's a little far fetched to bring all my projects with me to Julie's.
Anyway, Adam just got home so I'll blather on another time. Loves!

No comments:
Post a Comment